Tuesday, May 15, 2012


Hello everyone!

So the last two weeks have been pretty crazy.

The first week started out pretty great. We were meeting with some cool investigators and had one or two really good appointments with a strong spirit and you could really feel the spirit. I love when the spirit just tells everyone there that what you are doing is right and for that split second there is no question, no doubt. It comes mostly when you really just want to help people and God knows it and just sends you His spirit. It is basically awesome. It is what a missionary lives for!

Anyways we were coming home after a day of finding and were in a subway when my companion suddenly flew through the air and landed awkward on the ground in front of my feet. The train started moving and he lost balance, tripped on someone's bag and landed with all his weight on one foot and it broke his ankle. Just like that. The next day we carried him to president interviews where he received crutches and after the interviews we went to the hospital. We were there for forever. Didn't get home until 3 in the morning. Not fun. The next day we were there again for 3 or 4 hours just so they could check his cast and have him sign a paper.

Anyways it was pretty clear after that that missionary work would be going down a little for us. After a few days of mission doctors talking to his doctors and talking to president they decided that he needed to go home to get an operation. This was his last transfer anyways so it is not a huge deal but still not the funnest way to end your mission. Anyways the next week was spent mostly in the apartment. We went to appointments we had planned but only 2 of 15 went through. Rough. So basically I did a lot of cleaning, reading, organizing, area book calling, nursing, and napping in the down time. Also learned a little guitar. One or two days of that would have been a nice breather but a whole week just about drove me insane. To be in Berlin and be stuck inside most of the day is tough! Especially when your comp is packing to go home! Anyways we made it through ok and now we have a great looking apartment and area book and I learned a lot in my study. Look at the positives right.

So from here we go forward as a dritt. That means a companionship of three. They just shoved me over with the other elders in our apartment and combined our programs. Unfortunately during the down time we lost a lot of investigators but picked up a couple really cool ones. So I get to learn all their investigators and throw ours in there too and we should be a really busy companionship here. Should be a lot of fun these next three weeks. It is kinda weird though because the mission is getting smaller in numbers so they might shut down the second program here anyways. There is a lot of uncertainty but the good news is I get to work again. So I'm very happy.

Anyways the best thing I learned this week was patience. It seemed like everything was going wrong and an awesome situation just turned to a really hard one. Staying positive and cheerful and helping my companion were not easy but I feel like the Lord helped us out. I found that if I busy myself somehow with something good I felt a lot better. Cleaning, reading, organizing, serving.

Anyways that's the recap of the last two weeks! Stoked to see what happens next. Excited for some action! Til next week.
 
Elder Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment